Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Not a month after getting back into 40K Games Workshop has got me in cranky pants mode... Please note there are some review of products in this as well as this short rant...


So As you may have seen in the last post here I've gotten back into 40k... I stopped playing at the end of 6th ed along with the rest of my peeps. Its now 7th ed and ok wow Dark angels got a new book already... Ok the electron copy is cheaper and the rules are cheaper electronically too cool I'll buy both then... wait there's a bundle with extras formations? wtf are formations? oh well an extra 10 np Still saving a heap on hard copy.... all of the books are epub3 format The Dark Angels ebooks work fine on just about anything, however the search functions dont seem to work no matter what program I tried, but the actually rulebook didn't work on anything until I tried Adobe Digital Edition which works both on PC and Android which works fine on android and great if you rotate the monitor 90 degrees and use it like a tablet.... but you can't zoom or adjust the font size or search ....which Im pretty sure is the ebooks fault rather than the programs because none of the could do it despite having the feature. In short a complete waste of time and money. Solution was to buy two more Dark vengeance and split the them with a chaos player so we both get a copy of the current rule book. It wasn't what I wanted to do but the Chaos player was insistent and it's not like I have enough dark angels......

And then there is the matter of the Dark Angel Data Cards

So the Data cards have the dark angels psychic powers and the Dark angels special missions. I was looking at them on the online store and saw that they were still in stock... I create a new account and attempt to buy them from the GW web store... not found wtf it was just there... oh wait I was looking on the international GW not the Australian site. Sure enough not on the Australian site but on every other English speaking GW site. Naturally GW from the international site doesn't ship to Australia and so I email the Customer service and there response was essentially Tough titties you should have bought them when they came out. I can't legally buy them from any stockist from outside Australia because GW retail rules. Trying to do the right thing and get kicked in the teeth. Not Happy Jan....

In happier news I opened up my box of "Betrayal at Calth" The Sculpts are fantastic and made me want to do a 30k Army.... Head desk...  Head desk...  Head desk...  Head desk...  Head desk... But then my will power kicked in and said to myself ah hah There's no Dark Angel rules in 30k.... but I hadn't realised that Book 6 was out and had DA Rules Head desk...  Head desk...  Head desk...  Head desk... 

Anyway back the the Boxset comes with 30 Heresy armoured MkIV Bolter Marines there are options for Missile Launchers melta guns and Heavy bolters. Also 5 Cataphractii Terminators, a Contemptor Dreadnought and 2 heroes. I tried to do a list up for that lot and hit 1200 points without trying. Its the best value thing Ive come out of GW in ages until Over kill came out but I havent bought that yet.... Ive watched people play the actual board game and it looks fun and easier compared to outright 40/30k

So there is a large FW order being prepared for a few of us for 30k bits oops....

And someone sold me 2 Comtemptor Dreadnoughts for 80 Aus I was looking to put them with this new slow grow as FW is allowed but.... 30k looks like a thing and they've been undercoated black possible for a black colour scheme....

I know I said I was going to do a loyalist Lunar wolves Marine army and the starting point I think will be a couple of boxset of the Betrayal at Calth, and I probably will at some point, but having black clad heresy Dark angels appeals to me too much.

My potshot from the hill today is What has GW done to annoy you?


Commenting, Sharing, Subscribing is love.



No comments:

Post a Comment