Thursday, March 19, 2020

Damned C3 BS

So the Battletech campaign moves ahead slowly as we find time to fight it on Squirrel's kitchen table. This game finished some time last year. We've had another game since then which you can find here.

We have now completed Mission 3
Training with outsiders. - Hold the line.

Both level IIs have an opportunity to train with outsiders in the form of Ryoken-yon. Mission hold
the line from Fasa 1698 Field Manual DCMS page 137.


Results - Hilarious 


Comstar's arse was kicked hard by the Ryoken-yon because of C3 BS, and my bad tactics as well as underestimating the effectiveness of that C3 BS. 


In short I pushed the lights and mediums out too far from the heavies and assault mechs and the lights and mediums got pummelled by better gunnery 2/3 and 3/4 compared to my 3/4 4/5s and C3 BS, I also played that I didn't know about C3 BS, because at this point its experimental for Kurita and not shared with Comstar until post 3050. In my head this was an acceptance trial for the DCMS unbeknownst to Comstar. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying right?

So with the humbling of both Adepts, they are now sent out into the periphery...


I was the one that made the 6 DCMS mechs. All were highly experimental stuff to the gills with experimental Star league tech, not obey the rules that we had set for our selves with our limited upgrades. 


The objective was for the six DCMS mechs to take at least six mechs before they supposedly went down... They lost one while I lost six. Awkward.








My question from the hill today is What do you think of the Battletech Universe? Me I love Battletech its my first love of tabletop wargaming.


Commenting, Sharing, Subscribing is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment